Provita - Magnesium Threonate
Magnesium Threonate – for brain health
Helps to maintain electrolyte balance
- Clinically researched synergistic ingredients
- Highly bioavailable form of Magnesium
- Crosses the blood-brain barrier for faster relief
- Helps with overall magnesium deficiency
- Magnesium (Mg) is a very important mineral with a multitude of roles in the human body. Magnesium plays an essential role in nerve transmission and neuromuscular conduction (1).
- According to researchers at MIT, increasing brain magnesium using Magnesium Threonate may lead to the enhancement of learning abilities, working memory, and short- and long-term memory. This is possible because only Magnesium Threonate can cross blood-brain barrierin a significant proportion. Magnesium Threonate elevated the levels of brain magnesium in both young and aged rats, leading to significant enhancement of spatial and associative memory. Other forms of available magnesium (i.e. magnesium chloride, magnesium gluconate and magnesium citrate) were also tested but failed to elevate in the brain concentration and therefore had insignificant impact on memory (2).
- In clinical research by Liu et al. (2016) and Woolie et al. (2017), for cognitive impairment in older adults, Magnesium Threonate was associated with certain dosages of vitamin C and D(3, 4).
- Considerable evidence exists suggesting that glutamic acidplays a significant role in cognitive behavior. Its effects upon intelligence are evident both in normal and in retarded persons (5).
- Magnesium is also an important electrolyte necessary for maintaining electrolyte balance including the brain (6).
Each capsule of our Magnesium Threonate provides a high dose of 50 mg elemental magnesium derived from Threonic acid Magnesium salt, and is formulated synergistically based on current scientific evidence.